The knockout stage is happening right now and Latin countries are dominating the second stage. What is your favorite team?
Canada’s education reputation is based on quality and recognized for excellent across the entire aducation sector. Canadian credentials are valued around the world.
Acording to http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca, these are the reasons:
- Elementary and secondary (K-12) students in Canada are consistently ranked among the world’s top five academic performers in reading, mathematics and science in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Programme for International Student Assessment. International students benefit from supportive environments with a focus on student-centred learning.
- Canada’s universities are among the best in the world. In 2012, 4 Canadian universities ranked in the Top 100 of the ARWU Shanghai Ranking and 22 in the Top 500; 3 ranked in the Top 50 of the QS University Ranking and 20 in the Top 500; and 5 ranked in the Top 100 of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and 8 in the Top 200.
- Our universities have global links to more than 5,000 active international collaboration agreements with counterparts the world over.
- Canada’s colleges, polytechnics and cégeps offer industry-aligned, career-focused programs with growing levels of applied research directed at solving industry problems. Over 90% of Canada’s college graduates are employed in their field of study within six months after graduation and 93% of employers are satisfied with graduates.
- Language schools in Canada are leaders in language training at all levels, providing a wide variety of programs in English and French for further study, personal development or business preparation.
This is an essential question for anyone how is thinking to move to another country: How much money is going to cost me the expenses there, such as accommodation, food, transportation and some entertainment?
If you come as a student, the Government of Canada ask you for $833 per each month you are going to stay in Canada and you could even round it up to $1.000. Why is that?
First of all, let think about accommodation. If you are staying in a homestay, the price per month, including 3 meals, is from $780 and up. You don’t have to worry about buying food but surely, you will need a Monthly Pass to take the public transportation; the price for that is $91 and up, depending on the Zone that your homestay is located.
If you prefer to live in Downtown, you could get a room in a share apartment for $500 approximately per month or, if you don’t want to share, rent a bachelor or studio for $1.000 approx. In this case, if you study or work in Downtown you can save the Monthly Pass fee but you care about buying food and paying electricity and internet.
Grocery & Restaurants
If you are a cooking lover, the average in expenses in the grocery shop per person and month is around $400. If you prefer to eat outside, this figure will decrease, but you have to add the bills from restaurants. Take into account that sometimes eat outside is as expensive (or cheap) than cooking at home.
How about activities?
Skiing, bowling, biking… A lot of fun which is not cheap in the most of the cases. Save some money for it!
Best city for living
Canada, specially Vancouver, is not a cheap place to live. The Worldwide cost of living index 2013 came out with a ranking where Vancouver is the 21st more expensive city internationally; more even than New York or Los Angeles. But, actually, is also one of the Top 5 most livable cities in the world. You can discover why coming with UvanU International and living your own experience.
You landed in Canada full of energy, ideas and a work permit in your hand, it’s time to get your Social Insurance Number and be ready to look for a job.
The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits. In order to get it, Service Canada requires individuals to apply in-person. You will need to bring your original work permit, passport and a mail address in Canada. The SIN Number can be issued in less than 15 minutes, if all your documents are ok.
You can look for a Service Canada Office near to your home in the following link:
Good luck in your way to get a job!
It is hard not to have incomes while studying abroad. Everybody has to pay the expenses of living but not every study permit allow you to have a job at the same time that studying. Read more
To take the decision to study abroad is not an easy one. You can choose among a lot of beautiful countries and cities in the world to learn the language you want. For taking the decision many factors mater: quality of life and education, economy, future’s perspectives, etc. If Canada is in your list of favorites places to go, check this information out. Read more